Overview of Concealed Fix Metal Roof or Secret Fix Roofing
MRC Africa’s unrivalled experience in installing ‘Concealed Fix Metal Roof systems’ or ‘Secret Fix’ Roofs set us apart from any Building Envelope contractor in Africa. Concealed Fix Metal Roof and Secret Fix Roofing Systems have been designed to provide low pitch metal roof solutions.
Concealed Fix Metal Roof systems involve the mechanical fixing of a clip or halter to which the underlap of the profile is fixed back into the structure, with the overlap of the adjacent roof profile covering up any fixings.
Concealed Fix Metal Roof systems provide a continuous watertight roof with no end laps, this removes any chance of leaks through the roof sheets as all penetrations are concealed or secret fix. With a concealed fix metal roof or secret fix roofing system there are no exposed fixings, and single ridge to eaves, or eaves to eaves roof sheets can be roll formed on-site.
Please note that although Concealed Fix Metal Roof Systems or Secret Fix Roofing Systems can be installed down to 2 degrees roof pitch (low pitch), if the roof is full of penetrations then the roof pitch should be increased to a minimum of 7.5 degrees.
MRC Africa’s installed concealed or secret fix roof system, is backed with the unrivalled single source Guardian™ System Warranty which covers materials, installation & maintenance for the term of the roofing and cladding system.
Key Features of Concealed Fix Metal Roof System or Secret Fix Roofs
- Concealed Fix Metal Roof or Secret Fix Roof sheets have no exposed fixings and therefore no leaks.
- Long metal roof sheets can be manufactured on the site to provide a quick to install weather-tight solution.
- No end laps eliminates potential for ingress at joints.
- Low pitch systems available down to 2 degrees.
- Outstanding thermal and acoustic performance.
- Can be used in conjunction with Green Roof systems.
- Range of materials from aluminium, steel, zinc and copper.
- Backed with the up to 20 year ‘Guardian’ System Warranty
Applications of Concealed Fix Metal Roof Systems
Concealed Fix Metal Roof Systems have been used throughout the world for over 40 years providing roofing & cladding new build, retrofitting and refurbishment solutions for a large range of Industrial, Commercial and Retail property.
Please note that although Concealed Fix Metal Roof systems or Secret Fix Roofs can be installed down to 2 degrees roof pitch (low pitch), if the roof is full of penetrations then the roof pitch should be increased to a minimum of 7.5 degrees.
If the original design of the existing roof system has been designed too low, then MRC Africa’s over-roofing system provides the perfect opportunity to increase the pitch of the roof slope minimising wind driven water ingress.
- Industrial applications such as Workshops, Factories, Food Processing Facilities and Automobile Assembly Property that require the building to operate while the over-roofing system is being installed.
- Commercial and Retail space such as Shopping Malls and Offices that are always trading and are looking to upgrade their failed roof system energy efficiency to reduce heating or cooling costs.
- Governmental, Educational, Prison & Transportation Property such as Airports, Schools, Universities, Train Stations and High Security Property that is requires an upgrade in acoustic and thermal performance of their existing leaking roof and cladding system.
Technical Data of Concealed Fix Metal Roof Systems
Concealed Fix Metal Roof or Secret Fix Roofing Systems
- Materials including Aluminium, Steel and Zinc can be used to roll form the concealed fix roof systems.
- Range of metal gauges to suit the structural performance of the metal roof system.
- Low pitch metal roof systems from 2 degrees. Please note this is after structural tolerances have been considered.
- Long roof sheets can be roll formed on-site.
Concealed Fix Metal Roof Systems Solutions
- New Build Thermal and Acoustic Systems
- Single skin and insulated concealed fix roof systems.
- Refurbishment solutions such as Strip & Re-Sheet, Over-Roofing and Flat to Pitch Conversions.
- High Security Roof Systems for Prisons and Defence Forces projects.
- High performing R-Value thermal roof systems down to 10 m2.K/W.
Acoustic Data – Sound Reduction
- 0.55mm Steel Roof System 40dB +
- 0.8mm Aluminium Roof System 42dB +
Concealed Fix Metal Roof System Warranty
Up to 20 year, single source Guardian™ System Warranty covers Materials, Workmanship & Maintenance
Guarantees & Warranties of a Concealed Fix Metal Roof System
MRC Africa’s up to 20 year Guardian™ System Warranty cuts through the myth & mystic of product guarantees and workmanship warranties issued by the construction industry.
Traditionally a product guarantee would be issued by the manufacturer and the workmanship warranty would be issued by the installer of the over-roofing system. Two separate pieces of paper, with differing length of terms and when put alongside each other, never answered the question of who will pay for the materials and works such the over-roofing system fail.
Guardian™ System Warranty is an unrivalled new era of warranty that covers Materials, Workmanship & Maintenance. The length of term for each element matches and is issued as a single source, transferrable warranty for the life of the guarantee of the concealed fix metal roof system.
MRC Africa challenges the construction industry to ensure that the workmanship warranty issued by contractors matches the length of term of the supplied concealed or secret fix roof system, thereby ensuring high quality installations with designed and tested concealed or secret fix roof or cladding systems.